By Raine Parker
Home life seems to get more and more complicated as days go by. There are chores, paperwork, and lots of maintenance to deal with, but your home doesn’t have to take over your life. By using tools that streamline the work of businesses, you’ll find that it’s easy to get things done. Read on and you’ll find 101 tools that will make your home run like a business.
Most businesses set goals, usually for sales. You can create and track goals for your own home with these tools.
- Don’t Break the Chain: With this online tracking tool, you’ll be able to keep up with yearly goals.
- Family Goal Checklist: Make use of this tool to reach your goals as a family.
- 43Things: Get support for your personal goals from this site.
- Joe’s Goals: Use Joe’s Goals to manage your home’s goals.
- LifeTango: Use this tool to stay on top of your goals.
Carefully keep an eye on your bottom line with these tools.
- iOWEYOU: Carefully stay on top of personal "invoices" using this tool for expense sharing.
- NetworthIQ: Stay on top of your debts and assets to monitor your net worth with the help of this tool.
- Moneytrackin’: Find out where all of your money goes with the help of this tool.
- Xpenser: Make use of Xpenser, and you’ll be able to stay on top of your expenses.
- Paybackable: Using Paybackable, you’ll get simple and useful online expense reports.
- Mint: Use Mint to keep tabs on your personal finances in an incredibly organized way.
Use these tools to stay organized just like a business.
- Actionize: Actionize will help you keep it all together-tasks, addresses, and more
- Stuffopolis: With Stuffopolis, it’s super easy to take an inventory of what you own.
- Priorganizer: Use this online organizer to prioritize your to do list.
- Evernote: Get notes that sync to your desktop and more with Evernote.
- TripIt: TripIt offers a great way to plan your trip and itinerary.
- delicious: delicious will help you keep track of important sites and webpages for your home.
- Netvibes: Netvibes makes keeping your online life together a snap, with everything all in one place.
- Helipad: With Helipad, you can organize and write documents, notes, and to do lists.
- Oxios: Oxios is a to do list that offers Microsoft Outlook syncing.
- Mindomo: Use this mindmapping tool to get your thoughts organized.
- Remember the Milk: Using this app, you can keep your to do list handy and accessible online and off.
- MindMeister: Use MindMeister in order to map the thoughts in your mind.
Keep on top of your home’s schedule with these useful tools.
- Google Calendar: Use Google Calendar to create a schedule the whole house can stay on top of.
- TimeToMeet: With TimeToMeet, you can set up meetings with family members and more.
- Time Tracker: Track your entire day with the help of this tool to find out where your time and efforts are going.
- GooSync: GooSync is a useful tool for synchronizing your mobile calendar and Google Calendar.
- Cozi: Use this tool to determine the schedule for your entire family.
- 30 Boxes: 30 Boxes offers a simple, usable way to organize your home’s schedule online.
Communication & Documents
Stay in touch and keep the lines of communication open with the help of these tools.
- Highrise: Highrise offers a simple, but robust way to keep track of all of your contacts.
- Thunderbird: This email client from Mozilla rivals the power of Microsoft Outlook.
- Big Contacts: Using this site, you can track conversations, manage your contacts, and more.
- Campfire: Gather around the Campfire to chat with your home team, complete with text and files in real time.
- Flickr: Use Flickr in order to share your images and video with friends and family around the world.
- My Heritage: With My Heritage, it’s easy to get networked with your family.
- Wengophone: Get free PC-to-PC calls, chat, and video conferencing with Wengo.
- LiveMeeting: Check out LiveMeeting in order to create a web conference for your home.
- Fuser: Fuser will simplify your communications, putting everything together in one inbox.
- Cabos: Cabos offers transfers, searches, and file sharing.
- WORKetc: Use WORKetc to get tools for home work, like timesheets, calendars, document management, and more.
- Docly: With Docly, you’ll get word processing that offers built in copyright protection.
- PBwiki: Use PBwiki to share and organize household information.
- Gliffy: Gliffy makes it easy for you to share drawings, flow charts, and more.
- Google Docs: Make use of Google Docs to get online documents in real time.
- Panthius: Panthius offers a full ebusiness suite for scheduling, managing contacts, and more.
- Zoho: Using Zoho’s office tools, you’ll be able to work on spreadsheets, documents, and more.
- GreenDOC: Get a simple and free word processor from GreenDOC.
- ThinkFree: ThinkFree isn’t just an office suite-it has 1 gigabyte of storage, too.
- Splashcast: Splashcast offers a simple way to create slideshows online.
- Zamzar: Convert all of your files to usable formats with the help of Zamzar.
- PDFCreator: Create PDFs from any windows program using this tool.
- Kexi: Kexi offers a database engine and design forms for getting data.
- koolwire: koolwire will email you PDF documents.
- NeoOffice: NeoOffice brings a set of fully featured office applications to Mac computers.
- Webnote: With Webnote, you can take notes on your web browser, and access them from anywhere.
- Krunch: Use Krunch to zip and unzip your files online.
- NVU: NVU is a web authoring system for both Linux and Microsoft Windows.
- Inkscape: Inkscape offers open source vector graphics editing.
- Orangoo: Use Orangoo to get an online spellchecker.
- Smartsheet: SmartSheeet makes it easy to create documents with history tracking.
- Docbook: Docbook provides users with a useful publishing tool.
- Dia: Inspired by Visio, this tool offers a great way to create diagrams.
- Archimedes: Archimedes provides users with a great way to create computer aided drafts and graphics.
- Open Office: Open Office offers an open source productivity suite.
- GIMP: GIMP will make it easy for you to edit photos and graphic design.
- Thumbstacks: Thumbstacks makes it easy to make outlines and slideshows online.
- Skype: Skype allows you to make calls around the world, often for free.
- Meebo: You can update multiple IM clients with the help of this tool.
- Box: Box offers a super simple tool for sharing files.
- My Family: Use My Family to create a family site that will allow you to easily stay in touch with family members.
On the Go
Use these tools to keep your home running even when you’re not there.
- GoToMyPC: With this tool, you’ll be able to access your PC from anywhere, remotely and securely.
- eOffice: eOffice will give you the ability to edit documents on your mobile device, and integrate with Google Docs.
- HTTrack: Download webpages for offline use with the help of HTTrack.
- Agenda One: Agenda One offers an excellent mobile time management tool.
Planning & Project Management
These tools can help you stay on top of renovations, vacation planning, and more.
- Basecamp: Basecamp offers file sharing, time tracking, to do lists, message boards, and lots more, all online.
- ProjectOffice: ProjectOffice will simplify your home project’s issues and knowledge.
- Socializr: Using this tool, you can plan parties and gatherings in a super organized way.
- Open Workbench: You can control schedules, communication, finances, and more with Open Workbench.
- DeskAway: This project management tool will help you track, organize and manage your projects.
- Taskado: Taskado will help you keep on task and stay organized.
Human Resources & Time Management
With these tools, you can make sure that everyone in your home is pulling their weight.
- Teamwork Project Manager: Teamwork Project Manager will make it simple for you to stay on top of your home’s tasks and find out who is getting things done.
- Toodledo: Toodledo will bring some organization to your home’s task list.
- Chore Buster: This tool will make it easy for you to divide the chores in your home.
- Online Alarm Clock: Stay on top of important deadlines by using the Online Alarm Clock.
- Monkey on Your Back: Use this tool to make sure that everyone in your home stays on top of important tasks.
- TrackMyPeople: You can track time and create timesheets with TrackMyPeople.
- TimeXchange: With this app, you’ll be able to keep track of your projects and time spent.
- myHours: Get time management, timesheets, and time tracking from myHours.
- Who Does: Who Does simplifies the chore of assigning home chores and tasks.
- RescueTime: With RescueTime, you’ll be able to find out how you and others in your home spend time.
Step up to an executive fitness regimen with these health tools.
- Traineo: Traineo offers fitness goal tracking with help from your family and friends.
- iTrainHarder: Using iTrainHarder, you can track and plan your fitness goals.